The Green Neighborhood Challenge (GNEC) is Clean Currents’ hallmark community engagement program for groups to get involved in clean energy, fundraise, and help build a more sustainable community!
- Educate Friends and neighbors about clean energy and living sustainably
- Encourage Community members to adopt eco-friendly habits
- Inspire Individuals to get involved in the clean energy movement!
Program Runs October 1st – Earth Day (April 22nd) Annually
Forty-five diverse groups ranging from community associations, to school clubs, to faith-based organizations. Additional groups can join-in the action at anytime. Get involved now.
- Based upon your group’s level of involvement, Clean Currents will make a donation to your group to go towards financing a “greening project” of your choice.
- Ability to work closely with program coordinator to develop an effective action plan.
- Free educational opportunities including sustainability workshops and seminars on topics such as energy efficiency, environmental policy, and climate change.
- GNEC participants learn how to effectifvely engage in environmtntal stewardship, advocacy and political activism.
- Connect with like-minded local advocates and passionate community members.
- Build a more sustainable community and contribute to a clean energy future!
How Does the Green Neighborhood Challenge Work?
- Register your group by completing this form (please provide your name and the name of the group you are registering) .
**If your community is already registered, simply reference them when you sign-up for wind power at your home**
- Encourage your neighbors and friends to sign-up for Clean Currents wind power at home and remind them to reference your community or group
- Clean Currents will provide info and materials to help you and your group members spread the word about wind power
- The Clean Currents Team is available to give in-person presentations at your next community or group meeting
- If you have questions, you can contact us.