Ducted air conditioning is a central unit with ducting leading from it into every room of the house. While it is usually installed in new builds, it can be fitted into a home that is already built so long as there is enough room in the ceiling cavity to do so. Flat roofed homes will not have enough room under the roof, but it might be possible to install it in another place. Consult with the experts first if you are considering this type of air con for your home.
Here are some reasons to consider ducted air con for your home.
- While it may seem expensive, it is actually cheaper than installing a split system or even a window air con for every room in the house. Remember, the ducting will be taken into each and every room you want to be cool in the heat of summer.
- If you use refrigerated ducted air conditioning, it can also be used to heat the home because it is reverse cycle. Evaporative ducted air cons are not reverse cycle. These are often used in hot, dry climates as they add moisture to the dry air. However, in hot, humid climates they are not acceptable, because they increase the humidity.
- The biggest advantage is that you can have lovely, cool air in all the rooms, not just in the main part of the house. So those hot nights will never keep you awake again.
- Air conditioning is a great investment in your house, adding a lot of value, so that if you need to sell it, it is more likely to sell quickly with ducted air con, especially the reverse cycle one.
- It is economical to run because you can turn off the vents to those rooms you are not using if you want to. Then you can open them up again an hour or so before bedtime for a cool night’s rest.
- Unlike window models, it does not create a lot of noise, so you won’t be disturbed at night, and baby won’t be disturbed during her daytime nap.
- Having a cool house means your lifestyle is enhanced. You can enjoy yourself much more when you are not dripping with perspiration.
- In a cool house, you can cook without feeling too hot and enjoy all kinds of meals instead of just salads in the summer.
- If you want to entertain, it is no longer a trouble because you have a cool house to prepare it all in and you know your guests will be cool and comfortable while they are in your home.
- Rooms don’t have to feel like a sauna. In fact, you can have a really good life with air conditioning.