“We purchase 100% wind power RECs for our entire property portfolio of over 3 million square feet including office, apartment, retail and restaurant space. It’s part of our corporate philosophy to develop and maintain sustainable, healthy buildings.”
The Tower Companies
Buildings powered by Clean Currents are choosing clean, sustainable power that is good for the environment, good for future generations, and can help position them to qualify for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Certification.
Clean Currents and LEED Certification –
A Simple Way to Get Two LEED Points.
LEED grants credits for clean energy purchasing. A building can earn one LEED point by purchasing renewable energy to meet at least 50% of its needs in a contract of at least two years. A building can earn an additional LEED point by substantially exceeding the minimum energy purchase level. A 100% clean energy purchase can earn two LEED points.
LEED allows building owners to meet the clean energy purchase requirement three different ways:
- Utility green power purchase.
- Onsite clean energy generation such as solar.
- Green-e® certified Renewable Energy Credits (RECs).
Clean Currents offers RECs and Green Power Purchase options to earn LEED points.
- With Clean Currents, you can even save money on electricity costs through our competitive bidding process and guard against future energy price spikes with rate lock contracts from 2-5 years.
- Or if unable to switch power suppliers, can purchase RECs to acheive the same environomental impact and LEED points.
|Annual Purchase Amount||
(1 REC = 1,000 kilowatt-hours (KWh) of electricity)
|< 500,000 KWh||$10|
|500,001 KWh – 1,000,000 KWh||$9.50|
|1,000,001 KWh – 5,000,000 KWh||$9|
Download our LEED fact sheet PDF
Go Now! Go Green! Go Leed!