Clean Currents Wind Power allows residents of the Mid-Atlantic to go carbon-neutral. Clean Currents bundles standard electricity from the Mid-Atlantic grid with Renewable Energy produced by wind turbine farms in the United States. This bundled product is supplied by Washington Gas Energy Services. There is no installation of equipment required and no change to the reliability of power to your home. YOU CAN ALSO SAVE MONEY! Clean Currents wind power rates are LOWER than avg Pepco, BGE, and Allegheny rates.
“We purchase 100% wind power RECs for our entire property portfolio of over 3 million square feet including office, apartment, retail and restaurant space. It’s part of our corporate philosophy to develop and maintain sustainable, healthy buildings.”
The Tower Companies
Buildings powered by Clean Currents are choosing clean, sustainable power that is good for the environment, good for future generations, and can help position them to qualify for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Certification.
Clean Currents and LEED Certification –
A Simple Way to Get Two LEED Points.
LEED grants credits for clean energy purchasing. A building can earn one LEED point by purchasing renewable energy to meet at least 50% of its needs in a contract of at least two years. A building can earn an additional LEED point by substantially exceeding the minimum energy purchase level. A 100% clean energy purchase can earn two LEED points.
Go Green, Go Smart… Save $ While you Help Save the Environment!
- Reduce your organization’s CO2 emissions, help combat global warming, and clear the air.
- Increase investor and analyst confidence in your sustainability practices, and improve your environmental performance record.
- Foster employee and customer loyalty through community action.
- Strengthen your brand’s association with a clean environment and a healthy lifestyle
- Add Clean Currents logos to your marketing materials.
- Receive certificate and banners to display at your business
- Press releases or other media to get the word out
- Introduction to clean energy homeowners through Clean Currents newsletters and sponsored events
How does Clean Currents work?