Even the most experienced eco-friendly home owner might come to a dead end when they need to move to a new home. Home removals are said to be one of the most stressful and exhausting things that the average person does. First, you need to consider whether you are going to hire professionals to move your belongings, or if you will just do it yourself. Figuring out which of these options is better for the environment, and for your wallet, can be a chore in itself. And that’s before you’ve even started to organize things. Take a look at these pros and cons when you’re thinking about easy and eco-friendly home removals.
Moving Yourself: Pros
- You call the shots. This is a big factor for many people, but you shouldn’t let it be the only deciding factor. If you don’t want people you don’t know going through your things and being trusted not to damage anything, professional movers might not be the best option.
- This option is certainly going to cost less for the average person. If you don’t have much money to budget for moving, it probably isn’t even an option to hire movers. Buying or renting a new place already comes with its own expenses, so many people are forced to move their own belonging. Having said that, you should look into both options either way, even if you don’t think you have the money. Factor in things like taking time off work to move yourself, or the price for fuel after driving back and forth in a smaller vehicle that you either own or hire. Maybe it won’t be cheaper to move your own things.
- Easy scheduling. Yes, if you move yourself, it can be done whenever is most convenient for you and your family. Of course, that’s assuming that you don’t have to get out of your current home too quickly.
Hiring Professional Home Removers: Pros
- Efficiency means less waste. You probably won’t be able to move your larger items with just your car, like your couch and fridge. That means hiring a moving van. Unless you get something that’s absolutely huge, which is unlikely from a rental company, you will probably need to do more than one trip. This means more resources being used up in the move, and less efficiency. Hiring professionals can be the most environmentally friendly house moving option.
If you hire some trained and ready movers, you will get one large truck, operated by someone who knows how to drive it efficiently. This factor alone might be enough to convince you that hiring some pro’s is the most economical way to move into your new home.
- Fast and easy. Moving from one home to the next is already stressful enough. By the time you’ve set everything up and gotten to the point where you’re ready to move, you might just want to get it over with as quickly as possible. With some professional home removers, you will have much less manual labor to do yourself.
Finding a Green Home Remover
If you do choose to hire some professionals to help you move, it’s naturally a good idea to compare some different companies in the area. You’re not just looking for the cheapest here, because that is not always what’s best for the planet. Try to find someone who is close to you, so that you’re not using up loads of extra fuel by having them drive out to come to you.